Friday, April 9, 2021

Virtual Elementary Celebration of the Arts Banquet

 Hello 5th graders!

This week, I'm going to tell you about an event some of your possibly attended! On Tuesday night, I attended the Elementary Celebration of the Arts event hosted by the Connecticut Association of Schools (CAS). 

When I first hopped on the event, I thought it would be a regular Zoom call but it ended up that all of our cameras and mics were turned off so it was just a presentation. When it started, a lady named Dr. Vojtek started speaking. She was the one who organized the Celebration of the Arts events. She said that when she was in school, some of her favorite things to do were to draw. She said that she wants kids to keep having fun with the arts which is why CAS has the Celebration of the Arts event. This was the 22nd annual event!

You can view my remarks during the banquet starting at 25:37.

I got to attend this event because I pre-recorded a speech that was featured in the program. I talked about the steps of my platform and how student artists can use their artistic abilities to support my platform (like creating a poster for my upcoming poster contest!). My favorite part of being featured was that when Dr. Vojtek introduced me, she talked about my pets Walter, Stanley, and Lucy!

There were two speakers at this event that really stood out to me. One was a 17-year old actress named Alexis who has been in several movies and plays. Her story stood out to me because it made me realize that anyone's dream can come true if they just try. 

The other speaker who stood out to me was an artist named Rob Surrette. He is an artist that painted at least three of the paintings in my school. These paintings are of Martin Luther King Jr and Albert Einstein. He stood out to me because I was blown away when he painted Martin Luther King UPSIDEDOWN IN 5 MINUTES. I was just impressed by watching this event. 

Now, it's time for the Fun Fact of the Week! I LOVE to read! Any chance I get to read, I do. I'm reading the book series Wings of Fire right now. 

Thank you for reading my blog post this week!

Stay Positive! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Meeting 2022 Kid Governor Makhi

Hello! 5th graders! I hope you all are doing well and having a great new year so far! Today I’m going to tell you about a meeting I attended...