Friday, April 2, 2021

Fun with my Cabinet

Hello 5th graders!

Last weekend I had my very first Cabinet meeting! It was SO much fun! Anyway, let me tell you all about it.

Last Saturday, I went to the Old State House to film a speech for a virtual event happening this week. I filmed my speech in the green screen studio on the highest level of the building. After that, I stayed in the room and started my Cabinet meeting. 

Not all of my Cabinet could make it to the meeting but I was able to speak with Claire, Cora, Nathan, and Sameer. We started off by doing a fun ice breaker. I got to come up with three questions for everyone to answer. We went into virtual break out rooms to talk about the questions with a partner. Then, we went back to the main Zoom call and each of us introduced one of the other Cabinet members. The three questions we had to answer were:

1. What is your favorite thing to do in the summer?

2. What is something or someone that kept you happy during quarantine?

3. What is your favorite hobby?

I was in a breakout room with Cora. I learned that her favorite hobby is soccer; someone who kept her happy in quarantine were her cousins; and her favorite thing to do in the summer is swim in her pool. 

After that, Mr. Orcutt and Ms. Gorski, two people who help run the Kid Governor program, did another fun activity with us! Have you ever played a game called Pictionary at home? Well, we played Pictionary on zoom! Mr. Orcutt found a way to have us draw on his shared screen and then Ms. Gorski would privately messages one of us a secret word to draw. The words were all Connecticut themed. Do you know what word I got? The song Yankee Doodle!! How on earth did I draw that, you ask. Well, lets say nobody was able to guess it so...

Then, my Cabinet and I actually got to work as we went around and shared the progress on our platforms. Cora said that on the 22nd of every month in her school she does something to educate her classmates about recycling. Last month she made a video and this month she is sending home a flyer about recycling. I also shared what I have done so far with my platform. 

After a few more activities, my first Cabinet meeting ended. It was so much fun and I'm looking forward to next month's meeting!

Speaking of my platform, I want to thank all of the classes who have submitted positive messages to the virtual community crate so far! I have loved to see all of the messages and mask designs that students have made and I can't wait to see more of them! Fun fact, in the first week we received almost 70 submissions! You and your class can still submit your own messages. Click HERE to learn more about how to participate. 

Now, it's time for the fun fact of the week! Here it is: I enjoy spending summer vacation with my family. My favorite place that we've traveled is an island called Grand Cayman in the Caribbean.

Stay Positive! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Meeting 2022 Kid Governor Makhi

Hello! 5th graders! I hope you all are doing well and having a great new year so far! Today I’m going to tell you about a meeting I attended...