Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Kid Governors Old and New

Hello 5th graders! This weekend I got to meet somebody special that I can’t wait to tell you about!

This weekend, I made a trip up to Connecticut’s Old State House to have another Cabinet meeting. This time the meeting was earlier in the morning, so I had to be there at 9:45. When I got there, Mr. C. let me in, and I went up to the filming studio and got ready for my meeting. This was the first Cabinet meeting where I didn’t have to record a speech before it started. 

2016 CTKG Elena joins us for a Cabinet meeting!

After a few technical issues, I started my cabinet meeting! The first thing we did was start with an ice breaker. Every meeting, I come up with a question that my Cabinet can answer. This month’s question was, 

What are you looking forward to at the end of the school year that is not summer vacation? 

I answered that my class has a class day at the end of the year, where the classes do something fun or make it a field trip day to celebrate the end of the year. Cora, one of my Cabinet members, said that at the end of the year her school in Milford has a 5th grade farewell, where her school throws a huge outdoor party for the 5th graders.

Next, we had a special guest, 2016 Kid Governor Elena Tipton! She joined the meeting and led our second ice breaker by playing hangman with us! A few of the words we had to guess were Old State House, CTKG, and Nutmeg. Before she left, she spoke to me and my Cabinet, and we took a group picture with her! 

Afterwards, we all gave updates on our platforms and what we have been working on. Then we discussed our upcoming poster contest! We have decided that it will launch this week, so look out for it so you can participate!

Then we finished our meeting! It was a super fun day!

Stay Positive! :)

1 comment:

  1. Here's the fun Fact of the week!
    I'm Super adventurous! One time I ziplined through Niagra Falls in Canada!

    ReplyDelete

Meeting 2022 Kid Governor Makhi

Hello! 5th graders! I hope you all are doing well and having a great new year so far! Today I’m going to tell you about a meeting I attended...