Thursday, May 27, 2021

Positive Posters

Hello 5th graders! This week something exciting is happening! Let me tell you all about it.

This week I am launching my statewide poster contest! I'm so excited! To make this poster contest happen, I am partnering with Connecticut’s Department of Children and Families (DCF) and CT Family Day. This contest supports the second point of my platform, “Create a virtual community crate and coordinate a statewide poster contest for positive messages by and for students.”

I was so excited for this contest, I even made my own poster for the participants to see! The theme of the poster contest is about showing your family’s “Silver Lining” to the pandemic. A silver lining is how people describe something good that comes out of a bad situation. So, for example, my sample poster featured my silver lining which is being able to help others! I hope you like it!

I was so excited to make this poster!

The rules for the poster contest are:
  • Open to all Connecticut 5th graders.
  • Art must be on 8.5×11 white paper.
  • Color pencils, crayons, paint, and markers permitted
  • Bold colors look best!
  • Must include at least one handprint (drawn or traced).
  • Must be entrant’s original, hand-drawn creation.
Completed Permission Form, art description, and a scan or photograph of artwork must be emailed or shared via Google Drive with Brian.Cofrancesco@ctdemocracycenter.org by Friday, June 11th.

Original hard copies of artwork must be mailed to The Connecticut Democracy Center, 21 Oak Street, Suite 309, Hartford, CT 06106 and postmarked by the deadline.

My Cabinet and I will be the judges of the contest, and we will be choosing twelve finalists and one winner. Did I mention the cool reward that comes with being a finalist or winner of the contest? Your poster will be on display in my office at Connecticut’s Old State House in Hartford and you will be recognized at a special CT Family Day event in September!

I hope you will submit a poster design and share your silver lining and positive message for students!

Now, it is time for the fun fact of the week! Are you ready? Here it is!

I love to cook and bake with my mom! Sometimes I make my family dinner!

Stay Positive! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meeting 2022 Kid Governor Makhi

Hello! 5th graders! I hope you all are doing well and having a great new year so far! Today I’m going to tell you about a meeting I attended...