Friday, April 16, 2021

Up Next: A Virtual Talent Show!

 Hello 5th Graders!

This week, I started organizing something special for my school and my local nursing home with my principal. I can't wait to tell you about it!

Last week, I sat down with my teacher, Mrs. Chavez, and we looked at a list of future fun events to make nursing home residents happy. I made this list after sitting down with a nursing home representative. Two months ago, I did a drive-by car parade with three 5th grade classes at my school (you can read about it it HERE) to brighten the residents' lives and make them smile. This time we looked at the list and chose (can I have a drum role please?): a virtual talent show! A virtual talent show is when kids can make a short video of themselves doing an act such as singing, dancing, playing a musical instrument, or doing a fun routine with a family member. 

After picking this idea, I made a meeting with my principal, Mrs. Rogala, and discussed it with her. She said that she loved the idea and that after we send it to the nursing home, we could have a special viewing of it at school so we don't miss the annual school talent show. Last year we missed it because of quarantine but this year the 5th graders will be able to participate in their last elementary talent show since we're making it safe! After I met with my principal, she told me to work on a flyer and a permission slip that parents can sign to let their student participate. 

Then, this week, I met with her again. She said she loved the flyer and that I just had to add a few more things. This week I am currently on April Break so the flyers and permission slips will be going home the day that we come back to school. I am so excited to see my school's acts and I'm looking forward to editing them all together for the nursing home residents.

This is something that I am super excited to share with you because you can do something like this in your own school for nursing home residents in your community! It is a great way to make the elderly in your town smile!

Now it is time for the fun fact of this week. Are you ready? I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. A few years ago, I was able to tour the Harry Potter set in London and see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, a play set after the original seven books. 

I hope you have a great week!

Stay Positive! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Meeting 2022 Kid Governor Makhi

Hello! 5th graders! I hope you all are doing well and having a great new year so far! Today I’m going to tell you about a meeting I attended...