Thursday, March 4, 2021

Wait… Did Somebody Say President Biden?

 Hello 5th graders!

I recently had a wonderful opportunity and I think you'll be excited to find out what it is! So, without further ado, here's this week's blog post.

Early last Wednesday morning, I got an email from the Connecticut Democracy Center that said I and the New Hampshire and Oregon's Kid Governors had been invited to a session of the National Governors Association (NGA) Virtual Winter Meeting 2021 with President Biden! This meeting takes place every few months and only the governors of each state and U.S. territories are invited to join. For this meeting, NGA thought it would be a great idea to invite the three Kid Governors to hear what President Biden had to say and to learn more about what's happening in our country.

Something very interesting that I learned from President Biden is that his administration has doubled the daily vaccinated rate in the last few weeks. He also said that "we've completed 50,000,000 shots in 37 days." I never realized that our country had vaccinated so many people over the last two months! This was an amazing opportunity and definitely a lifetime achievement. 

Another thing that happened this week was when I found out that the next step of my platform was being rolled out in early March! As soon as I found out, my principal soon did too. She came up to me and said that she wanted to start the positive mask activity and that she would assign me a whole bulletin board to make it happen! 

Here's what the activity looks like! You or your teacher can find the activity at CT.KidGovernor.org.

So fifth graders, get ready because we're about to become much more positive! Stay tuned to get to explore my Virtual Community Crate.

Now, it's time for me to give you the weekly fun fact about me! Ready? My favorite color is light blue and there are a few reasons why. 
1. Light blue is the color of the December birth stone and I was born in December. 
2. Light blue is the color of the sky and I love to be outdoors, playing, and exploring. 
3. Light blue is the color of the Caribbean Sea, which is my favorite place to travel to.

I hope you all have a great week!

Stay positive! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
A message from your friends at the Connecticut Democracy Center...

Classes are now invited to participate in CTKG Reese's Positive Masks Activity! As a part of Reese's second platform point, students can fill out a paper mask with positive messages to be shared with people across Connecticut in a Virtual Community Crate! Click HERE for more information and to download the activity. Once students complete their mask, take a picture and send them along to Reese@CT.KidGovernor.org to be added to the Virtual Community Crate. 

--
In Reese's blog post this week, she spoke about the vaccination efforts happening across the country. To learn about the efforts happening in Connecticut and to get up-to-date information on the vaccine, travel advisories, and more, click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meeting 2022 Kid Governor Makhi

Hello! 5th graders! I hope you all are doing well and having a great new year so far! Today I’m going to tell you about a meeting I attended...