Friday, March 19, 2021

Rainbow of Positivity

Hello 5th graders! 

This week, I did something in my school to kick off my Virtual Community Crate! I think you're going to like it!

I've been working on a certain project all week and it is related to the second point of my platform: a community crate bulletin board! I came up with this idea for a "Community Crate Bulletin Board" and began working on it this week with my teacher, Mrs. Chavez. Here's what the week looked like:

Monday: The first thing we did was find all of the colored paper we'd need to make a rainbow of paper masks. I brought in a HUGE stack of colored card stock from home and we printed the mask from my "Positive Messages" activity in all different colors. You can download the activity HERE!

Tuesday: I sorted all of the masks into piles for each class in my school. I brought my friend Miranda to help me deliver the masks to the teachers and classes. That job was fun because me and Miranda had to go up and down three flights of stairs constantly because the pile was all mixed up!

Wednesday: I went around to all of the teaches and delivered them a light yellow "Staff Mask" because my idea was to form a sun with the masks that the staff filled out. 

Thursday: I went to the dollar store to get more supplies for my design. I bought poster board and poster board letters. Part of my idea was to make big white masks that would look like clouds at the end of the rainbow. I thought being colorful would make it stand out and make it seem like even though we have to wear masks during COVID-19, it doesn't mean we can't still be positive!

Friday: I stayed late after school to start the bulletin board with my teacher. My friend, Bryce, was also there to help us because he is my teacher's son. He was a big help because it would have taken us an hour to spell out all of the letters on the board! We didn't finish it but it looks super cool! Here is a secret preview picture of the construction of the bulletin board! I will show you the finished product next week!

Now it's time for the fun fact of the week! Here it is: I go snowboarding in the winter! I've been snowboarding for 4 years and I'm starting to learn tricks in the terrain park!

I hop you all have a great week, 5th graders!

Stay Positive! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Meeting 2022 Kid Governor Makhi

Hello! 5th graders! I hope you all are doing well and having a great new year so far! Today I’m going to tell you about a meeting I attended...