Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Congratulating Karter and the Poster Contest Finalists!

Hello everyone!

This week, I am here to talk to you about the 12 finalists and winner of my Be Positive: Pandemic Perseverance Poster Contest for CT Family Day! Earlier this week, I got an email from Mr. C about who won the poster content! I'm not sure if you remember but in one of my last blog posts, I had talked about how my Cabinet and I helped determine the finalists for my poster contest. We had sent all of the finalists' posters to the DCF where Ms. Jacqueline Ford and her team helped to decide who the winner would be.

After all of that, I got an email that told me who the winner of the poster contest and finalists were! So, the person who won the contest is.....

Karter Wheeler!

Karter submitted a poster that says "Family Fun!". It shows a bunch of board games like Monopoly and Scrabble with all different colors and game pieces Karter's poster was awesome!

Not only was Karter's poster amazing but so were the posters of all the other finalists. All of your posters made me smile and that is what they were meant to do! Thank you all for participating. Every poster made my day and I loved them all. You all did such a wonderful job and I wish every single poster could have won a top prize. Thank you all for participating once again.

Now it is time for my fun fact of the week. Are you ready?

One of my favorite fall traditions is to make a full pot of fresh tomato sauce with my mom! We make it from a basket of fresh tomatoes from the farmers market. We've been doing this since I was little. It is definitely one of my favorite traditions!

Stay Positive! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Meeting 2022 Kid Governor Makhi

Hello! 5th graders! I hope you all are doing well and having a great new year so far! Today I’m going to tell you about a meeting I attended...