Wednesday, May 12, 2021

From the CTKG Cabinet: Meet Houda!

Hi! My name is Houda Jaouad and I am from Casimir Pulaski School in Meriden, CT. I was a final candidate for Connecticut's Kid Governor and now I am a member of CTKG Reese's Cabinet. My platform is focused on trying to stop body shaming. 


My plan involves creating posters to be hung in school bathrooms to promote positive body image; creating a Bitmoji classroom that can help bring awareness of the effects of body shaming to classrooms around Connecticut; and creating blog posts to help students share their stories and know that they are not alone. I chose this issue because kids are being treated unfairly because of how they look. Students can help support my platform by creating posters in their school and hanging them in the bathroom to help give them a positive body image. 

A poster being made in my classroom! 

My classmates and I researched positive statements that we could add to posters to be displayed in our school. Each student helped to created at least one poster. I am also working with our technology teacher to create a Bitmoji classroom to share resources about body shaming to classrooms across Connecticut. I would like to include books, articles, and games that help kids be positive about who they are and what they look like.


If you would like to learn more about how body shaming affects children, please contact me at info@KidGovernor.org. You can also find out more about the Connecticut's Kid Governor Cabinet and their platforms by visiting CT.KidGovernor.org/cabinet2021.

- Houda Jaouad
Kid Governor's Cabinet
Casimir Pulaski Elementary School
Meriden, CT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meeting 2022 Kid Governor Makhi

Hello! 5th graders! I hope you all are doing well and having a great new year so far! Today I’m going to tell you about a meeting I attended...