Thursday, May 13, 2021

From the CTKG Cabinet: Meet Claire

Hi! My name is Claire and I'm a member of CTKG Reese's Cabinet for the year! I'm making this post to let you know a few things about what I've done so far regarding my platform of Racism. 


First, I've started working with a few teachers to find book recommendations for students to read! I've also being working on creating a display in my school library of anti-racist and diverse books. I'll even be meeting with a bookseller at our local bookstore, Savoy Bookshop, to film a video about anti-racist and diverse books that they have available!

Speaking of libraries, I'm also working with the Westerly Public Library in Rhode Island to see if we can deliver a presentation on awareness and books in May for Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. For April I created a video to highlight Arab American Heritage Month.  

Then, I made a few mini lesson videos to share with all students from grades K-5 in my school district! I recently created another video! It includes important definitions of words to know for the videos I made. The reason I did this was because almost 70% of students in grades 3-5 didn't know what racial diversity was!

I'm excited to be kicking off my year as a cabinet member as well as working on my own platform. Thank you for reading! 

-Claire Li
Kid Governor's Cabinet
West Vine Street School
Stonington, CT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meeting 2022 Kid Governor Makhi

Hello! 5th graders! I hope you all are doing well and having a great new year so far! Today I’m going to tell you about a meeting I attended...