Saturday, August 7, 2021

Performing Arts for the Elderly

 Hello 5th graders! You may remember that the first point of my platform is to “Brighten the lives of nursing home residents through positive messages.” During the last week of school, I did a virtual talent show for nursing home residents in my town! Let me tell you all about it!

In the last week of school I did a Virtual Talent Show for The Summit Nursing Home! It was so much fun to watch! One of my favorite parts was getting to participate! I did it with my friends who go to another school in Southington. Together we teamed up and sang a song. 

Some of my favorite acts were these:

  • There was this little girl in either Kindergarten or 1st grade. She was dancing and it was so cute! One of my favorite parts was at the end when she did a split.
  • There was also this girl in 3rd or 4th grade that was tap dancing. She was so good and it was really cool to watch her!
  • My friend Lila in my class plays piano along with her brother. They both played a song and it was awesome! I really don’t know how they did it because they went SO FAST!

A video my friend and I made was last. We sang a song called “Shallow,” but edited the lyrics to fit our time span. We filmed it in my backyard in front of my big hibiscus tree and it looked awesome! I did my act with my best friend Ava and we did awesome together! 

There are other ways to brighten the lives of nursing home residents, like through cards or sending care packages! You can read my ideas for supporting this point of my platform HERE!

Now… are you ready for the Fun Fact of the week? Here it is…

  • My best friend goes to DePaolo Middle School in Southington!

 Stay Positive! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Meeting 2022 Kid Governor Makhi

Hello! 5th graders! I hope you all are doing well and having a great new year so far! Today I’m going to tell you about a meeting I attended...